Transfer Credit Approval Requests
All credit transfer approval requests for ECON courses will be handled electronically. Please allow a minimum of 5 business days for processing. Note that transfer credit requests are only reviewed during the fall and spring semesters. Submissions made during winter and summer breaks may not be reviewed on a timely basis.
Please follow the steps below to submit your transfer credit approval requests. Incorrect submissions will delay processing time:
- Complete the fillable Undergraduate Transfer Credit Approval Form. Leave the “GW Equivalent,” “Dept. Approval Name,” and “Dept. Approval Signature” fields blank. Save the PDF file.
- Attach the completed fillable form in an email to [email protected], along with relevant syllabi or detailed course descriptions. For detailed course descriptions, direct links to information on university or college websites are required, do not copy and paste information into the email.
The DUS will confirm by email whether the request is approved or if more information is needed. If approved, the DUS will return the signed form via email.
When planning to take classes outside of GW for credit transfer, please consider the following:
- View the list of previously approved courses and associated institutions. Use the list as a guide when exploring classes to take outside of GW. Even if a course is listed, transfer credit approval is not guaranteed. Students will still need to complete the steps above to get transfer credit approval form signed.
- Students who “Study Away” (enroll in a summer program abroad that is outside of GW’s approved study abroad programs) should also follow the same steps above to submit transfer credit requests.
- Students who “Study Abroad” (enroll in an approved GW Office for Study Abroad program) should file transfer credit requests via GW CATS. See the Study Abroad Transfer Credit page for more information. You can also read up on the difference between Study Abroad and Study Away Credits.