Centers and Programs
Faculty and students from the Department of Economics are engaged in an array of research involving all facets of the field. The department also houses the following research centers and programs:
- Center for Economic Research
- Research Program on Forecasting
- International Finance Program
- Research Program in Poverty
- Development and Globalization
- Program in Labor Studies and Social Insurance
Some of our faculty members are also affiliated with the Center for International Science and Technology Policy and the Institute for International Economic Policy at GW's Elliott School of International Affairs.
Economics Seminar Series
The Department of Economics conducts and co-sponsors a number of seminars and workshops throughout the academic year. These seminars are held in the John W. Kendrick Seminar Room, Monroe Hall/Hall of Government, 2115 G Street, room 321 -- two blocks from the Foggy Bottom Metro stop.
The following seminar series are offered: